Earthworm Jim returns. Landing on iPhone and Consoles
Earthworm Jim returns. It’s been a while since he graced consoles and first appeared in 1994 on the Megadrive/Genesis.
Now Gameloft is bringing him to the iPhone/iPod touch aswell as the Wii, Xbox360 and PS3. Apparently. Though you may think this not particularly weird, let me draw your attention to the facts;
- The hero is a worm in a robotic suit that gives him super powers… well not that super, but bearing in mind it’s a WORM, pretty damn super.
- His arch nemesis is Queen Slug-for-a-butt, oh and that is her short name!
- The Princess who is sometimes the ‘love interest’ or ‘damsel in distress’ is called Princess What’s-her-name
- Professor Monkey-For-A-Head designed the ultra-high-tech-indestructible-super-space-cyber-suit for Queen Slug-for-a-Butt, oh and to reiterate, his name is Professor Monkey-For-A-Head
- Bob the Killer Goldfish & Evil the Cat
All I can say is, they must have been smoking something pretty badly contaminated while they came up with this idea. So. Weird.
iPhone screenshot and trailer after the break